Sunday, March 19, 2006

Last Thursday's research

I spent about three hours at the library this past Thursday, where I went through four inter-library loans. I scoured the Binghamton Press (from Binghamton, New York), as well as the Indianapolis Times and Denver Times - and retrieved Denishawn material from each. I had also requested the Charleston Record (from Charleston, South Carolina) in search of Denishawn material, but the date requested came back as "lacking." Which means there is no microfilm available for that period. I as usually do, I had also requested some later reels of microfilm from the Charleston Record, and those turned up reviews of The Street of Forgotten Men (a late showing) and The American Venus. Good finds. The other three newspaper also had some articles and reviews on Louise Brooks' early films.

More of the same, but one can never get enough.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger