Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Welcome to the LBS

The other day, the Louise Brooks Society welcomed its first member from Senegal. "mrcina" hails from Dakar, and is one of a few members from Africa. At last count, more than 1400 individuals from 49 (now 50!) countries have joined the LBS! From Australia to Zimbabwe, from Canada to Argentina, from the Canary Islands to the Czech Republic, LBS members comprise a truly world wide web of Louise Brooks fans and silent film enthusiasts.

Other new members include 
Sergio from Porto, Portugal, Daniel from Goteborg, Sweden, and Rodrigo from Uruguay. Terry from Los Lunas, New Mexico wrote to say, "I just saw the film, The Showoff.  I was surprised by the stunning beauty of an actress called Louise Brooks.  I had never heard of her before and went on the Internet and found your web-site." Louise from Alfreton, Derbyshire, UK wrote " I have been a Louise Brooks fan since I was 14 years old, I am now 37. Is that odd?" No, not at all. Welcome.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger