Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Pandora's Box on HBO Max?

I have seen a couple of references online which mention that Pandora's Box, the seminal 1929 silent film  staring Louise Brooks, is currently screening on HBO Max. Is it true? 

I don't have that particular service, and thus can't find out on my own. If it is showing, is it the recently released "restored version"?

For more on Pandora's Box, be sure and check out the Pandora's Box (filmography page) on the Louise Brooks Society website.

THE LEGAL STUFF: The Louise Brooks Society™ blog is authored by Thomas Gladysz, Director of the Louise Brooks Society  (www.pandorasbox.com). Original contents copyright © 2024. Further unauthorized use prohibited. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hi, Thomas -

Pandora's Box is definitely streaming on MAX. I don't know how to determine if it's the restored version, though.

Karen

Louise Brooks Society said...

Karen, Thank you for letting me know. I really appreciate it. Let's all get streaming !

Tom in Cleveland said...

I checked; it's the Criterion Collection version. Of course, still excellent but not the restored version. Regardless, as I tell my wife, it's the greatest film ever made. Much to her annoyance.

Powered By Blogger