Monday, October 3, 2016

Louise Brooks in late 1920's Japan - clippings in need of translation

I am continuing to explore the presence of Louise Brooks and her films abroad. And recently, I came across some material in a vintage Japanese movie magazine. The first image clearly names Louise Brooks, but I am wondering what it says about the actress. Can anyone translate of give a rough idea of what it says? It dates from 1928.


I also came across this bit from late 1928, which mentions Pandora's Box. Can anyone translate of give a rough idea of what it says?


This 1928 clipping caught my eye because it apparently depicts Ayn Rand. I don't have any interest in Rand, but am curious to know what this clipping says. I do know that Rand saw The American Venus while still living in the Soviet Union. Can anyone translate of give a rough idea of what it says? Thank you to anyone who can help.




No comments:

Powered By Blogger