Thursday, May 11, 2006

Scattered thoughts

At the library today, I looked at yet more microfilm! I dug Denishawn material out of the Poughkeepsie Evening Star and Enterprise (from Poughkeepsie , New York), Marshalltown Evening Times Republican (from Marshalltown, Iowa), and Pueblo Chieftain (from Pueblo, Colorado). As much as I enjoy research, I am looking forward to the day when I have finished looking for Denishawn material for each and every performance. The end is near, I think. 

I also looked for film reviews in the Hartford Courant (from Hartford, Connecticut) and the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner (from Fairbanks, Alaska). I found nothing in either publication. The Fairbanks newspaper is the second Alaska newspaper I have looked at. I failed to find any Louise Brooks material in either - as Fairbanks and Anchorage were small towns at the time and didn't seem to support very many movie theaters. I had planned to look at another Alaska newspaper, but will not. I can't imagine it will yield any material. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any vintage reviews from Alaska, as I have most nearly every other state. (I do have a bunch of pre-statehood Hawaiian reviews.) Wyoming is also proving elusive.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger