Sunday, December 31, 2023

Happy New Year from the Louise Brooks Society

Happy New Year from the Louise Brooks Society. Here's a 'swonderful picture of Louise Brooks in a celebratory mood.


A follow-up to my previous blog post, which I hope everyone will check out, highlighting the top Louise Brooks news & stories of the year. It concerns the word of the year. Merriam-Webster went with “authentic” (a brilliant choice IMHO) and the Oxford University Press named “rizz,” a riff on charisma. 

I wish to put forth my own suggestion, "achievement." I think those top ten selections all represent forms of achievement, the efforts and the dedication and the hard work of various individuals and organizations. Is there an antonym to achievement? I think so. I would suggest bloviate.

THE LEGAL STUFF: The Louise Brooks Society™ blog is authored by Thomas Gladysz, Director of the Louise Brooks Society  (www.pandorasbox.com). Original contents copyright © 2023. Further unauthorized use prohibited. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger