Saturday, October 21, 2023

A Louise Brooks Booksigning in Seattle, Washington

A reminder that I will be signing books from 6:00 to 6:45 pm in the lobby of the Paramount theater in Seattle, Washington on Monday, October 23, ahead of the Seattle Theater Group screening of HE Who Gets Slapped, which I will introduce. This screening is part of the STG's "Silent Movie Mondays" series. More information about the event can be found HERE.

Seattle's 2,807-seat Paramount (located at 9th Avenue and Pine Street) is a gorgeous venue which opened in March of 1928. I am certainly looking forward to seeing it for myself.

This will be my first book signing for my recently published book, The Street of Forgotten Men: From Story to Screen and Beyond. I will also have copies available of three of my earlier books, Louise Brooks, the Persistent Star, as well as Beggars of Life: A Companion to the 1928 Film, and Now We're in the Air: A Companion to the Once "Lost" Film


I also plan on having two of my Louise Brooks rubber stamps with me, and will gladly stamp books as well. I hope any and all silent film and Louise Brooks' fans turn out for this special event. I have been told that a few hundred tickets have already been sold!


THE LEGAL STUFF: The Louise Brooks Society™ blog is authored by Thomas Gladysz, Director of the Louise Brooks Society  (www.pandorasbox.com). Original contents copyright © 2023. Further unauthorized use prohibited. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Have a great signing and presentation, Thomas!

Louise Brooks Society said...

Thank you Karen. It went well. I sold some books, and delivered an introduction that went over well. I even got a few laughs. The Paramount theater in Seattle is extraordinary, and the Seattle Theater Group series "Silent Movie Mondays" is great.

Powered By Blogger