Sunday, March 7, 2004

I know the way to San Jose

Lately, I have been visiting the combined libraries of the city of San Jose and San Jose State University, where I have been going through microfilm of various regional and international newspapers. For some strange reason, this library has a run of the Cape Times, a newspaper from Cape Town, South Africa. I have been slowly working my way through the mid to late 1920's, where so far I have found a few short reviews of films featuring Louise Brooks. I have also found some simple advertisements promoting screenings of various Brooks films in theaters around Cape Town. (Some films were shown two or three times months apart in the course of a year.) Nifty to think that Brooks' films were shown 'round the world way back in the 1920's.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger