Thursday, May 5, 2011

Requesting Louise Brooks

A few bits of encouraging news.... yesterday, I received a request from a commentator for Michigan Public Radio who asked for a review copy of my Louise Brooks edition of The Diary of a Lost Girl. I realize a review copy request is not the same as a review, but here's hoping. And today, I exchanged emails with a Spanish-born writer living in Mexico who is working on a novel about Louise Brooks. This novelist was asking about certain historical details pertaining to the actress. The body of literature around the actress continues to grow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in knowing about her relationship with former REDSKINS team owner George Marshall. They had a long standing affair before he married Corinne Griffith from what I understand. I wonder more about his entertainment background and what life was like dating Louise Brooks! In NYC! In the 20's!

Louise Brooks Society said...

There is info in the Barry Paris bio of Louise Brooks. It is a great read, well worth checking out.

Powered By Blogger