Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wishing and hoping

Happy Holidays to Louise Brooks' many fans all over the world!

We all wish for things - especially around the holidays. That's why I posted a new article at examiner.com about just that - what we all wish for, what we all want - more DVD's featuring Louise Brooks!

It seems to me that too many of her best films have not been properly restored and released on DVD. Some of my "fantasy" releases are detailed at this new article at http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-7605-SF-Silent-Movie-Examiner~y2009m12d23-What-we-want-for-Christmas---  Please check it out if you have a chance. And maybe, just maybe, someone at some company like Kino, or Milestone, or Criterion, or Flicker Alley, or Facets or wherever will read this piece and issue a new DVD with lots of good bonus material.

I think Louise Brooks deserves to have all of her films released on DVD. Don't you?

Lately, I have spent some time tinkering with this blog. I have added a whole bunch of related links to other websites and other blogs of interest. I also added a nifty widget so fans of the Louise Brooks and the LBS can listed to RadioLulu while they read this blog or surf the net. The new RadioLulu widget is located in the left hand column of this page.

There are now, as well, links to other worthwhile internet radio stations which play vintage music - as well as an rss feed to my articles on silent film from examiner.com.

Cheers! And lets all hope that 2010 will be a good year for new releases featuring Louise Brooks!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger