Tuesday, October 3, 2006

I met Lulu

Today, quite by chance, I met some of the cast members of Lulu, which is currently being staged here in San Francisco. I was at work at the Booksmith on Haight Street when I noticed a nice looking young women with a sporty black bob browsing the magazine section. I thought, "she looks familiar." Could it be Lulu? And so, I did what I rarely do, I approached someone I did not know and asked, "Aren't you . . . .?"

"Yes," was her answer. Lulu was in fact Kyla (her real name), and she and a few other members of the cast were out shopping. (Kyla had just found a second-hand, hardback copy of the Barry Paris biography of Louise Brooks - which she showed me.) We chatted about the play, their recent reviews, my plans to see it again, etc.... They were cool people. I enjoyed meeting them and look forward to see them again when my wife and I return to see the play, perhaps at the end of the month. If you live in the Bay Area and haven't seen this superb production, please go see it !

No comments:

Powered By Blogger