Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Sacramento trip

Returned from Sacramento, where I spent most of yesterday at the California State Library. (This may well be one of my last trips to this library, as I think I have pretty much looked through everything I need to at that institution.) I went through microfilm of Los Angeles phone books dating from the late 1920's and 1930's. I wasn't able to find any white pages listing for Louise Brooks from the 1930's. . . . I also looked at microfilm of various California newspapers - including the Santa Rosa Press Democrat,Venice Beach VanguardPasadena PostRiverside Daily NewsGlendale Press, and Daily News Tribune (from Fullerton) - and found a smattering of film reviews, film related articles, and advertisements for local screenings of Brooks' films. An ok haul of material - I spent about $14.00 for photocopies.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger