Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Astronomical finds

Today was a beautiful Spring day here in San Francisco. And I spent the morning indoors at the library. I went through a few reels of the Indianapolis Star, and discovered a few film reviews dating from 1927. I also went through some reels of the Williamsport Sun (from Williamsport, Pennsylvania). In that paper, I found an article and a couple of advertisements for the 1923 Denishawn performance in that town. The remarkable thing about the advertisements is that each named Louise Brooks and the other Denishawn dancers. There are few other Denishawn advertisements which I have come across which mention her. [ And regrettably, my request for the Oklahoma News was rejected. Apparently, there are no loaning institutions for this Oklahoma City newspaper. Any readers of this blog who live near Oklahoma City willing to spend an afternoon doing some research? ]

No comments:

Powered By Blogger