Sunday, January 25, 2004

California State University, Hayward

Spent the afternoon at the library at the California State University, Hayward.Hayward is on the other side of the Bay from San Francisco, and it takes about 40 minutes to drive there. This is my fifth or sixth trip to that university library.
I scrolled through microfilm of the Washington Post dating from the 1920's in order to complete my survey of that newspaper. Found a bunch of cool stuff. I also looked through microfilm of a few local newspapers, such as the Hayward ReviewOakland Free PressSan Leandro Reporter, and Niles Township Register. The material I have been collecting lately from the multitude of Bay Area newspapers will likely end up in a book-length project I am working on called Lulu by the Bay: Louise Brooks and the San Francisco Bay Area.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger