Saturday, April 12, 2003

Sacramento trip

At the California State Library in Sacremento, I looked through the Pasadena Star-News, La Opinion and some Los Angeles newspapers for the period of the mid-to-late 1920's. I found a bunch of film reviews, advertisements and articles in the Pasadena newspaper, but little in La Opinion. (This Spanish-language paper, based in Los Angeles, ran frequent articles on Hispanic film stars such as Dolores del Rio, Raquel Torres, Ramon Navarro, etc . . . , but nothing that I could find on Louise Brooks.) I also took the time to search through four Los Angeles newspapers for material on Just Another Blonde, Evening Clothes and The City Gone Wild. My efforts in this regard were successful, and I found reviews, articles, ads and more. Citations for all of the material that I have found have been aded to the bibliographies.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger